Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Latest Baby Afghan


It has been a little while between my posts because afghans take me longer to make.  I made this baby afghan for my friend that had a little baby boy.  Mike picked out the colors.  He was insistent that I make a camo blanket.  This was a pretty fun pattern because the blanket is reversible.  It is kind of a checked pattern in the front and a stripe on the back.  My camera didn't like the variegated stripes on the back of the blanket.  It kept making the stripes look psychedelic in the pictures, so I didn't get the best picture of it.

5 comments:

  1. Cute blankie! Is that for Luke's baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this blanket and have a grand nephew I would like to make it for. Would you please tell me where I can find the pattern? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I didn’t get this pattern online. My Mother in Law gave me a little book of patterns a few years ago. It is from Herrschners Award Winning Baby Afghans 2003. The blanket is #4 Reversible Stripe. I like all the patterns in the book. I have only made 2 of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you be willing to share that pattern by chance. Can't find it online to purchase, even from the Herrschners Site.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful job, Heather!! I LOVE the Camo! It's always exciting when I see one of my patterns brought to life by someone else!! ~~Elaine Bartlett

    ReplyDelete